Tuesday, November 3, 2009

A breakthrough in H1N1 vaccine distribution

I'm SO excited to report that the local clinic who denied my son the H1N1 vaccine has decided to share it with area clinics. See the story below:

Area health care providers to share H1N1 vaccine

Submitted by Jorge Sosa on November 3, 2009 - 3:24pm.

Hutchinson Medical Center, selected by the Minnesota Department of Health to receive the H1N1 flu vaccine, will share its supply with area health care providers.

According to a news release from McLeod County Public Health, the goal is to ensure area high-risk patients have access to the vaccine.

“Health care organizations in McLeod County have been working collaboratively on flu planning and pandemic preparedness for many years,” County Public Health Director Kathy Nowak noted in the release. “Ensuring access to high-quality patient care has always been our top priority. Now more than ever we have a responsibility to provide a public service in as safe and effective a manner as possible.”

“Due to limited supplies of the H1N1 vaccine,” Nowak added, “it’s important we work together in a transparent and responsible manner to make use of what we have.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading my blog! I would love to hear your comments, please tell me what you think!

Samples of my Stock Photos

I have a DeviantART account where I store stock photographs. These are free to use for any non-commercial purpose. You may tube them, use them as backgrounds or textures. All photos listed in my "Stock" folder Here are available for use.