Tuesday, November 3, 2009

The Flu has arrived at our door

As I previously told you, my son has Asthma and I've been unsuccessful at getting the H1N1 vaccine for him. Monday DS stayed home from school with a sore throat and overnight he developed a fever. The highest the fever reached at this point is 101+˚ but I was able to get a prescription of Tamiflu from our family doctor and we started dosing him with that right away. He's still run down and occasionally has a fever but once we started the Tamiflu the symptoms seem milder. Most importantly his breathing tests has been steady and have stopped declining. Hopefully we got to it in time to keep the flu from advancing beyond what his body can handle.

Remember, if you contract the flu, Tamiflu should be taken within 2 days of the onset of symptoms to be most effective.

Keep us in your thoughts! I'll update you on his condition in a few days.

Thanks for following.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading my blog! I would love to hear your comments, please tell me what you think!

Samples of my Stock Photos

I have a DeviantART account where I store stock photographs. These are free to use for any non-commercial purpose. You may tube them, use them as backgrounds or textures. All photos listed in my "Stock" folder Here are available for use.