Saturday, November 14, 2009

MN Senator Amy Klobuchar wants to see improved preparedness

As we all know there is a shortage of both the seasonal flu and the H1N1 (swine) flu vaccines. We've all heard the reason for this has been blamed on the way the vaccines are made, in chicken's eggs. Apparently the virus' did not grow well this year and therefore caused fewer vaccines to be developed in a timely manner. This has caused many to ask the question, why do we still grow these viruses in chicken's eggs? The obvious answer is "that's how we've always done it" but why do we still do it? Surely in this day and age of advanced medicine we have better ways to grow these viruses and develop them into vaccines. These are the questions our Minnesota Senator, Amy Klobuchar, hopes to get answered. Ms Klobuchar is holding discussions with public health experts to try to find answers to these questions. She's also believes there must be better ways for the state of Minnesota to distribute the vaccines and prepare for health emergencies in the future. I say bravo, Ms Klobuchar! Please contact Ms Klobuchar's office to voice your support for her efforts.

Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading my blog! I would love to hear your comments, please tell me what you think!

Samples of my Stock Photos

I have a DeviantART account where I store stock photographs. These are free to use for any non-commercial purpose. You may tube them, use them as backgrounds or textures. All photos listed in my "Stock" folder Here are available for use.