Tuesday, December 15, 2009

A Frustrated Geek no more.

This is actually a re-print of my comment to an excellent blog post by Liam Cassidy. You can view his original article by clicking on the Title to this post.

I agree with what you are saying except for the "Normals" perspective.

Not long ago I was a Geek in Normals clothing because I hadn't made the jump to smart phones yet. I had been eagerly waiting for the iPhone to come out but when it did and it was only offered on AT&Ts service I was extremely disappointed. After all, I live in a rural small town community and am at the mercy of the coverage maps. To add to that, I had convinced my family to dump our land line phones many years earlier. As you can see, coverage is essential to us. As the years went by coverage increased as providers merged until finally Alltel was purchased by Verizon. Now the infamous "There's a map for that" campaign was in full swing and, although it did frustrate me at first, it actually spurred me toward AT&T. After I had thoroughly researched both companies I came to see that the lack of 3G coverage doesn't effect my ability to make or receive my precious phone calls. I will still be able to connect with my friends, family and business associates. So I made the leap and finally have myself an iPhone. I'm loving every minute of it too I might add. And so this has been my story. So you see, there are still some frustrated Geeks in "Normal" clothing out there they just need the right opportunity to change their clothes. ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading my blog! I would love to hear your comments, please tell me what you think!

Samples of my Stock Photos

I have a DeviantART account where I store stock photographs. These are free to use for any non-commercial purpose. You may tube them, use them as backgrounds or textures. All photos listed in my "Stock" folder Here are available for use.