Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Twitter Quotes

People use Social Media for many different reasons. Personally I use Twitter because I enjoy reading what different people have to say on current events and trending topics. The following are some recent posts by Tweeple I follow:

"People judge you by your actions, not your intentions. You may have a heart of Gold, but so does a hard boiled egg." - @angels510

"The only lightless dark is the night of ignorance and insensibility" - Helen Keller - posted by @calbidrez

“While they were saying among themselves it cannot be done, it was done.” --Helen Keller - posted by @alibrownLA

"McCain: "I know how to catch Bin Laden." What are you gonna do? Crash your plane into him?" - @OTOOLEFAN

"Hey, why don't we put Emancipation up to a vote & let states decide on that, too?" - @OTOOLEFAN

"When ppl throw stones @ U, U can do 1 of 2 things..Throw stones back @ them OR U can p/u the stones & build Urself a castle -TerranceHoward" - posted by @michaelstrahan

In the times of text messages and social media, there are a lot of seemingly nonsensical conversations that take place. Words are shortened to save on characters and it can be difficult to understand what the poster is attempting to communicate. I don't think that has to be the case. The above posts were made with a limit of 140 characters and each of them are well thought out, perfectly understandable and beautiful in their own way. To those who say social media is the downfall of the English language, I submit that social media encourages rather than discourages creative use and a greater understanding of the English language.

Just my 2¢

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading my blog! I would love to hear your comments, please tell me what you think!

Samples of my Stock Photos

I have a DeviantART account where I store stock photographs. These are free to use for any non-commercial purpose. You may tube them, use them as backgrounds or textures. All photos listed in my "Stock" folder Here are available for use.