Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Forgetting the Past



In an ABC interview with George Stephanopoulos, former New York Mayor Rudy Giuliani appears to have had a major case of amnesia. In the interview, Mr Giuliani was criticising President Obama on his handling of the recent domestic terror incidents. Mr Giuliani stated: "What he [Obama] should be doing is following the right things that Bush did -- one of the right things he did was treat this as a war on terror. We had no domestic attacks under Bush. We've had one under Obama. Number two, he should correct the things that Bush didn't do right. Sending people to Yemen was wrong, not getting this whole intelligence thing corrected." Of course Mr Giuliani has since released a clarification of this statement saying he was clearly referring to Bush's Presidency "Post 9/11". Really? Let's look at Bush's Presidency.

    George W Bush served as President of the United States from 2001 through 2008
  • September 11, 2001 Commercial airliners are hijacked, two are flown into the World Trade Center, one is flown into the Pentagon and one is forced down by passengers in Pennsylvania before it reached its final target. Over 6000 people were killed.
  • September 18, 2001 Anthrax begins arriving in U.S. mailboxes
  • December 2001 Shoebomber, Richard Reid attempts to bring down a trans-Atlantic airliner
  • October 2002 The Beltway Sniper attacks begin
  • August 14, 2003 A Major Blackout leaves 40 million Americans in the dark
So Mr Giuliani you may say there weren't any "domestic attacks under Bush" after 9/11, but I think the facts speak for themselves. Are you sure you don't want to reconsider your criticism altogether?

The incidents I've listed are freely available in the anals of history and are easily verifiable. There may even be more incidents so, if I've missed any, you have my apologies. I invite everyone to list any terrorist incidents that I've forgotten in the comments for this blog entry.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading my blog! I would love to hear your comments, please tell me what you think!

Samples of my Stock Photos

I have a DeviantART account where I store stock photographs. These are free to use for any non-commercial purpose. You may tube them, use them as backgrounds or textures. All photos listed in my "Stock" folder Here are available for use.