Monday, March 21, 2011

Warren Buffett, Wary of Apple's Stock  

iClarified is reporting that Warren Buffett is Wary of Apple's Stock. This headline is misleading. What he actually said was "it's not easy for me to come to a conclusion about Apple." That is in actuality far from expressing any wariness of Apple or it's stock as iClarified is implying.

Mr Buffett's comments show his age & the time in which he grew up. To be certain he has been a historically brilliant investor & with these comments I don't believe he is casting doubt on Apple but rather showing his lack of understanding of the future of the computer/electronics industry. I believe there will be a new investment guru to whom Mr Buffet will inevitably willingly or unwillingly pass his baton to. Of course there will always be a place in the investment world for expertise in these historically solid investment prospects but it becomes more imperative as time goes on that an investment expert in the electronics market emerges. Until one does, speculation will remain little better than guessing. But that most certainly does NOT mean Apple as a company or a stock prospect is not a good risk, that must be determined by your own long or short-term investment goals.

I want to make clear that I am in no way claiming to be an investment expert nor am I recommending anyone invest in Apple. I am simply expressing my thoughts on an article of interest and the comments attributed to a person for whom I have a great deal of respect.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading my blog! I would love to hear your comments, please tell me what you think!

Samples of my Stock Photos

I have a DeviantART account where I store stock photographs. These are free to use for any non-commercial purpose. You may tube them, use them as backgrounds or textures. All photos listed in my "Stock" folder Here are available for use.