Wednesday, December 23, 2009

OMG Johnny Depp is back!



How wonderfully scary can Johnny Depp be? Do you remember him as Edward Sissorhands? There's your answer. Edward Sissorhands was the first Johnny Depp movie I remember seeing, though this was not his first movie appearance. As a matter of fact he didn't start out to be a movie actor at all!

He started out as a front for a few garage bands, one being named The Kids which actually opened for Iggy Pop. According to IMDb it was his first wife, Lori Ann Depp, who sparked his interest in acting when she introduced him to actor Nicholas Cage. Depp's first movie appearance was Nightmare on Elm Street (1984), but his star didn't skyrocket until his role on "21 Jump Street", a popular TV-series in the mid 1980's. It could be argued that the 1990's belonged to Johnny Depp when he landed the title role of Edward Sissorhands, a brilliant collaboration with director Tim Burton.

Fast forward to today and his current Tim Burton collaboration, Alice in Wonderland. The story is a continuation of Walt Disney's original childhood story. Alice, now 19 years old, returns to the magic world in which she adventured as a child where she reunites with her friends and learns of her true destiny. You can read the whole synopsis here but continue with caution as it does contain spoilers. ;-)

If you want to watch the official trailer, click on the link to this post. It'll take you directly to IMDb and a gallery of 9 trailers to whet your appetite until the movie is released in March of 2010. I, for one, can't wait! Can you?

Thank you to my major source of information for this article, IMDb and my inspiration, Diana Adams and her delightfully inspiring article Alice Returns to Wonderland with Johnny Depp.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading my blog! I would love to hear your comments, please tell me what you think!

Samples of my Stock Photos

I have a DeviantART account where I store stock photographs. These are free to use for any non-commercial purpose. You may tube them, use them as backgrounds or textures. All photos listed in my "Stock" folder Here are available for use.