Saturday, December 26, 2009

Loving Tattoos & Grafitti as Art



I enjoy Art. Not the visit a museum kind of art but the see it every day kind of art. The watch it pass by on the side of a train kind of art. And the admire it on someone's arm in the summer kind of art. I'm not certain what the proper term for this type of art is but I refer to it as "Urban Art".

To me Urban Art is the result of immense creativity in an environment of limited supplies and resources. It can be commissioned or freestyle. The fact that it is considered graffiti, destructive and is mostly unappreciated does not take away from the fact that, in my opinion, it is beautiful. As well as having some of their artwork featured in galleries, some urban artists are finally being recognized for the immense talents that they are and are now being invited and even paid to produce their artwork.




On the tattoo side, it's becoming more popular and even fashionable to show your "ink". Hollywood actors and now even actresses are proudly displaying tattoos, although I can't say if they are permanent or of the more temporary variety.




And speaking of temporary, you can't attend a summer festival anymore without seeing the popular Henna tattoo booths. Even simple designs done in the single color of Henna are beautiful in my eyes.




Because of their popularity, I'm surprised that online taggers haven't yet picked up on this trend and started incorporating some of this more urban artwork into the tags they are making. I'm certain it's only a matter of time. Remember you heard it here first, folks!




Got any amazing urban style artwork you've found? Got a source for some license free urban style artwork? Email me and if I post it on my blog I'll be sure and give you credit!

Update: http://albotas.com/2009/12/daily-graffiti-huge-mural-features-mega-man-big-daddy-metroids-sonic-mario-and-more/ http://albotas.com/2009/12/daily-graffiti-insane-metroid-graffiti/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading my blog! I would love to hear your comments, please tell me what you think!

Samples of my Stock Photos

I have a DeviantART account where I store stock photographs. These are free to use for any non-commercial purpose. You may tube them, use them as backgrounds or textures. All photos listed in my "Stock" folder Here are available for use.